Vice President of User Experience
Last modified: 2014.06.09.
Our startup is proud and excited to invite your review of our latest executive opening.
After patient R&D, we are looking to expand immediately from our current team of 3 full-time employees to 6 in this particular round of hirings. All available positions will commence immediately once the right candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest and good luck!
Vice President, User Experience
Vercettie Marketing Corp. (Vancouver B.C. - Coal-Harbour)
Incorporated in 2010, Vercettie is a marketing lab focused on developing scalable and tech-based solutions.
Over the past several years our start-up venture has invested heavily in research and development of several innovative technologies. These beta technologies are now on the verge of marketability as standalone and modularized products.
Vercettie’s key products include a suite of global real-estate solutions and a next-generation CRM. While on track to spin off additional products from existing R&D, Vercettie is just beginning to shape its young and disruptive portfolio.
Working directly with the President and Product Managers, you will be responsible for the user experience and interface of Vercettie’s entire portfolio of solutions.
As the corporation's lead UX/I you will innovate experience by design and directing simplified interfaces that work intuitively across devices and platforms.
“ Simplicity is not enough. Good design involves a paring down to only the essential elements required to achieve the desired effect. We must respect the user’s objective and time by progressively challenging design to be simpler, more intuitive, and develop efficient solutions that deliver higher speeds and accuracy while omitting non-essential elements. “ -- Excerpt from Vercettie’s Principal Beliefs
NOTE: our intent is not to hire a designer that can code their own vision. We are in pursuit of an innovative UX/I designer first, an effective front-end developer second. While basic understanding of existing and upcoming technologies are a must, our VP will only be encouraged to code if he/she can demonstrate a strong front-end skill and knowledge.
- Product functionality requirements gathering
- User analysis
- Information architecture
- Usability inspection
- Graphic interface design
- Train, mentor, and direct other UX/I designers as the team grows
- Deliver clear specifications to the development team and work through any technical considerations.
- Apply consumer-like user interface design ideas to business applications.
- Create innovative and cutting edge user interactions.
- Explore competitive products and design approaches to promote innovation and identify emerging best practices.
- Present your design explorations, solutions, and tradeoff rationale to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively to team partners and senior stakeholders.
- Work closely and collaboratively within an agile team of product managers, developers, and designers to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables.
- Visualize concepts quickly and cleanly through sketching, paper prototypes and other rapid prototyping methods
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Psychology, Human Factors, Cognitive Psych, or similar field or a related discipline. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience and related diplomas/certificates.
- Strong portfolio of design, demonstrating knowledge of responsive interface designs and design thinking, including process sketches, user flows, and wireframes for multiple form factors and platforms (e.g., smartphone, tablet, desktop, tv, glass).
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Valid Passport and capability to travel if and when necessary.
- Accessibility knowledge and experience
- Coding SVG
- Proficient with a second or third language including Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, German, Hindi, Arabic, and/or French.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment and the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of employees in an Organic Organization.
- Ability to communicate complex analytics in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- Ability to comfortably interface with all levels of employees and to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience working globally in cross-cultural environment with teams in different time zones.
- Experience packaging research, insights and data into interactive materials, and delivering thought leadership in creative and high-impact ways.
- Knowledge of the online marketing industry and ability to take the point of view of a marketer.
- Track record of effectively delivering multiple projects at one time in very fast-moving environment, strong project management experience.
- Ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies. Lead non-hierarchical, cross-functional working teams who don’t report into this role.
- Starting salary: $76,800 - $115,200 depending on qualifications, where 50% is regular payroll and 50% is in the form of 4-year vested stock in Vercettie Marketing Corp.
- Starting bonus: undefined. If exercised it would be at the discretion of BOD based on impact.